EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT TEAM
BRIAN MENELL | Chief Executive Officer
Over 25 years of owning, developing and operating natural resource and mining projects across 18 sub-Saharan countries, the CIS, and Canada. The Menell family company, Anglovaal Group, has been an important player in the African mining and industrial scene for 80 years.
- CEO of the Kemet Group - developing natural resource projects across sub-Saharan Africa and advising various African Governments on mining policy and M&A activity.
- Executive Director of Anglovaal Mining - developed the Chambishi Cobalt smelter and refinery, and the Nkomati Nickel Mine together with numerous other metals projects. Sold the company to Anglo American in 2001.
- De Beers - executive positions in London, Antwerp, Windhoek, and Johannesburg.
- B.A (Hon.) Political Science & Economics, University of Pennsylvania (1984-1988).
RICHARD TITE | Chief Investment Officer
14 years’ investment banking experience in mining, including major transactions in Africa, Turkey and South America.
- Founded Resource Technology Capital, focussed on private investments in ‘technology minerals’, including lithium, cobalt, vanadium, high purity alumina.
- Founded Vicuñita Minerals Ltd., a precious metal producer in central Peru.
- Director at Cutfield Freeman & Co, a leading independent corporate finance advisory specializing in resources.
- B.A. in PPE from Oxford University (1st class) and a M.A. in International Relations and Finance from The School of Advanced International Studies in Washington D.C.
SIMON GARDNER-BOND | Chief Technical Officer
18 years as a Geologist and Mining Analyst.
- Senior Metals and Mining Analyst at Investec Asset Management, helping to manage multi-billion dollar funds focused on the natural resources space.
- Senior Mining Analyst at stockbrokers Ocean Equities Limited and Peel Hunt.
- Mining Analyst at Argent Partners Limited, a boutique M&A advisory focusing solely on the metals and mining space.
- Exploration Geologist in Spain and Ireland.
- M.Sc. in Mineral Deposit Appraisal (Mineral Exploration), Royal School of Mines, Imperial College. B.Sc. (Hon.) in Geology and Physical Geography, University of Liverpool.
HENRY FINNEGAN | Chief Operating Officer
Former British Army officer, where he ran front line combat operations in Afghanistan. Has spent the last six years with Kemet Group, managing new business ventures.
- Spent significant time developing projects in Africa across a number of sectors.
- Holds the Investment Management Certificate; the Certificate in Corporate Finance; and Level 1 of the Chartered Alternative Investment Advisor (CAIA). BSc (Hon.) Biology, University of St. Andrews.
ROB RAINEY | Financial Manager
Chartered accountant with over 25 years’ senior level experience including a number of CFO roles in both private and listed mining companies.
- Highly experienced in financial management, governance standards, due diligence, budget management/performance, MBO, international taxation, auditing, and all aspects of public listed company management and shareholder reporting.
- Resource experience includes cobalt, tin, tungsten, gold, diamonds, chrome and platinum from exploration stage to producing mines.
- Currently also serves as Group Finance Manager, Tinco Investments Limited.
LUKE ROGERS | Manager Mining Operations
Mining Engineer and Mineral Processing Engineer with over 10 years’ supervisory and managerial level experience across emerging markets.
- Production Mining Engineer at Glencore on a 200KT+ copper/cobalt operation in DRC.
- Held several further Operations Manager positions across mining projects Zambia, DRC, Sierra Leone and the UK.
- B.Eng. (Hon) in Mining Engineering and an M.Sc. in Minerals Engineering, Camborne School of Mines, University of Exeter.
KEN SANGSTER | Consulting Metallurgist
A metallurgist with more than 40 years of experience throughout Europe, Africa, Australia and North and South America in various roles with Anglo American, Rio Tinto and Outokumpu Copper Resources. He serves as Mineral Industry Consultant to numerous financial institutions.
ROB MARSDEN | Consulting Mining Engineer
A Mining Engineer with over 22 years of international operational experience at Rio Tinto and, in 2013, establishing MarsdenGray to provide independent consulting to the mining industry.
JAMES SPURGEON | ESG Consultant
25 years of consulting experience quantifying and valuing environmental and social impacts and dependencies for businesses, financial institutions and governments. He has undertaken well over 200 natural and social capital valuation studies in a broad variety of sectors across the world.